We first came into existence in 1915. We were originally located adjacent to the old brickworks at the bottom of lowes lane, which leads up to its current location. It moved to it's present location in the 1930's. Over the Years the club has undergone many transformations which include the course having to be redesigned when the construction of the M66 Motorway meant it lost two of it's holes. As part of the arrangement with the motorway contractors, two new holes designed by Peter Alliss, were built on the opposite side of the lane close to the site of the original course.
For a small nine hole course, the club has been renowned from it's very early days for the quality of it's golf, particularly in team competitions.
Some of our successes include :-
- Bury Infirmary Trophy - 1942
- Rotary Rose Bowl many times
- E.L.G.A Trophy Winners - 1989
- E.L.L.G.A Handicap Shield Winners 2003
- B.D.G.A Walter Holden many times
- B.D.G.A Duxbury Trophy many times
- B.D.G.A League many times
Recently the club has carried on the achievements of the early members including winning the Bury and District league on several occasions and being in contention virtually every other year. The club has also reached the finals in the prestigous Dunham Forest Trophy and Manchester Alliance Foursomes Championships in recent years. as well as reaching the latter stages of the Archie Preston Knockout Trophy.
In the 1990's the clubhouse was redesigned and extended. The latest developments at the club include a new short game practice area and practice putting green as well as some new tree planting schemes to redefine the fairways of some of the holes.
The club recently celebrated their Centenary year and had lot's of exciting events over the year culminating in late September with an open day at the club which included our centenary medal final where both our mens and ladies centenary champions where crowned and also held a final event in October with a dinner dance at the club featuring well known local singing duo Vogue